OPEN FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT AT KENTON MIDDLE SCHOOL LIBRARY
179 DAYS AT 5.75 HRS. PER DAY
Qualifications – The qualifications for this position are listed in the job description. Essential qualifications include the following:
- Behavioral management skills substantiated by training/work experience. Duties require agility, physical strength, and stamina to address the needs of students with problem behavior and/or require physical assistance (e.g., mobility, transferring, positioning, etc.)
- Displays flexibility, reliability, self-discipline and a willingness to take on challenging tasks.
- Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts personal responsibility for decisions/conduct.
- Follows established district protocols to ensure the accurate/timely recording and preservation of documents. Maintains a systematic filing system that supports the efficient electronic retrieval of records.
- Maintains an orderly circulation system. Catalogs acquisitions electronically. Keeps books, periodicals and reference materials properly shelved. Maintains the school’s electronic library media resources.
- Processes loans/returns. Prepares overdue notices. Reserves teacher requested materials.
- Uses a variety of strategies to introduce new library/media resources to students (e.g., e-mails, websites, displays, etc.) and stimulate interest in lifelong learning.
- Guides students in the development of research skills using technology. Provides programs that encourage reading.
- Provides opportunities for students to participate in an inclusive educational environment.
- Advocates for students.
- Helps students make appropriate choices and grow academically. Promotes creativity, cultural awareness, democratic values, ethical conduct, self-reliance and reflective problem-solving skills.
- Facilitates student learning activities that encourage teamwork and positive peer relationships.
- Participates in training to keep current with professional standards associated with work duties.
- Updates skills as needed to use available task appropriate technology effectively.
- Works toward mastery of individualized development/performance goals as directed.
- Assists with unexpected/urgent situations as needed.
- Helps implement workplace initiatives that advance district goals.
Send resume/application to Linda Dickerson at [email protected]
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, October 5, 2022.